Lecture Notes (PDF)
Topic 1 -- Preliminary Topics
Topic 2 -- One-Dimensional FDTD
Topic 3 -- Two-Dimensional FDTD
Topic 4 -- Device Simulation Examples
Topic 5 -- Advanced Topics in FDTD
Topic 6 -- Final Notes
- draw1d.p — This function is used in one-dimensional FDTD to efficiently visualize the electric and magnetic field superimposed onto the materials across the entire grid.
- draw2d.p — This function is used in two-dimensional FDTD to efficiently visualize the field superimposed onto the materials across the entire grid.
- polyfill.p — This function creates arbitrary polygons on a 2D array given the list of vertices around the perimeter of the polygon.
- polyfill_demo.m — This MATLAB program demonstrates the use of polyfill() to create an arbitrary polygon on a 2D grid.
- flagcmap.m — This function creates colormaps for the country flags of the members of the EM Lab.
- test_hw8_prob1.p — This function is used in Homework #8 to test the values assigned to the PML conductivity terms. See Homework #8 for details.
- test_hw8_prob2.p — This function is used in Homework #8 to test the values calculated in the update coefficients. See Homework #8 for details.
Note: The above items are protected function files and have a “.p” extension. They work just like “.m” files, but they cannot be opened to view the code inside them.
- (PDF) Help headers for draw1d(), draw2d() and polyfill().