21st Century Electromagnetics
Learn the theory and the skills to design electromagnetic devices in the 21st century where digital manufacturing and exploiting the third dimension becomes dominant. A course covering the most advanced topics in electromagnetics. Topics include engineered materials, metamaterials, solid state electromagnetics, spatial transforms, spatially variant lattices, and devices.
Topic 1 — Preliminary Topics
Topic 2 — Electromagnetic Properties of Materials
Topic 3 — Coupled-Mode Theory
Topic 4 — Periodic Structures
Topic 5 — Engineered Materials
Topic 6 — Design Techniques for 21st Century Electromagnetics
Topic 7 — Other Advanced Topics
- Electromagnetic and Photonic Simulation for the Beginner: Finite-Difference Frequency-Domain in MATLAB
Perfect book to get started in computational electromagnetics. Includes theory, derivations, and all MATLAB codes for simulating waveguides, transmission liens, diffraction gratings, guided-mode resonance filters, frequency selective surfaces, metamaterials, metasurfaces, invisibility cloaks, surface waves and others.
- Animated Visualization of a Grating Vector
- Short course on Generating Spatially-Variant Lattices
- Download .zip files with MATLAB codes
- test_fdder.p — Homework #1 asks you to write the function fdder() which constructs derivative operators for collocated grid. This test_fdder.p program tests your fdder() function to ensure that all features are working properly. See Homework #1 for details.
- fdders.p — This function acts just like fdder() except that is only produces derivative matrices for small grids. It is provided here simply to help troublshoot your fdder() function.
Note: The above items are protected function files and have a “.p” extension. They work just like “.m” files, but they cannot be opened to view the code inside them.